Friday, January 28, 2011

Daring Bakers'

I just spent the last 30 minutes enjoying my morning cup of coffee and staring at my computer screen watching all the beautiful cakes produced by Daring Bakers for this month's challenge.  The January 2011 Daring Bakers' challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog Accro.  She chose to challenge everyone to make a Biscuit Joconde Imprime to wrap around an Entrements dessert.  The results of this challenge were amazing.  So many wonderful ideas and beautiful desserts to look at, it made me want to run to the kitchen and start baking.  I am always amazed by the finished products produced by the Daring Bakers, there is always such variety in the appearance of the finished products - which is amazing considering we are all using the same recipe.  I get wonderful ideas on presentation and everything always looks so yummy looking.  The love and dedication put into the baking is incredible.  I have just recently started to get into the baking challenges.  Cake Slice and Daring Bakers' are the main two I participate in, and they are both just fabulous.  I love that a group of people, spread out over the world,  puts such energy into making something suggested by a total stranger and are then willing to share their ideas and creations.  I love making and something for my family and friends, here, and know that it will also be shared, and hopefully enjoyed, by others who I don't know, or only know through blogging.  It is such an amazing way to create a community.
I unfortunately did not have time to complete the challenge this month, but if time allows I am hoping to give it a try this weekend.  I have made Entrements before and while it can be time consuming to get everything prepared they are beautiful and awed over.  The flavor options are endless, and once you get the basic elements made you can create a variety of stunning desserts, which is nice if you are putting a dessert table together for a party.  So until this weekend, when hopefully I will have a chance to make one, here is a picture from a couple years ago when I was taking a baking class.

1 comment: