Friday, August 12, 2011

Peaches and Cream

This recipe was inspired by a couple of different sources.  The first inspiration is my 7th grade English teacher.  It has been a long time since I was in 7th grade English yet every time I see a peach I can hear her say "I like peaches because they are sweet.  Because they are sweet I like peaches."  Recently there was a big discussion about this on my high school's Facebook page and that combined with the plethora of peaches in my house means this statement is going through my head nonstop.
My second source of inspiration has been numerous blogs where this recipe has been popping up.  I don't remember where I first saw the recipe, I think it was on Jolts and Jollies, but I have seen it in numerous other places and when I did a Google search for it I got tons of hits.

This is a very easy recipe.  My 2 year old and I made this while the other two were at camp.   It gave her the satisfaction of creating something special to show them when they came home, but kept my sanity by not being too messy.

If you haven't already seen the recipe here it is:

Ice Cream Bread
1 pint (2 cups) Ice Cream - slightly melted
1 1/2 c. Self-rising Flour
Mix-ins as desired (optional)

Preheat oven to 350f.  Grease and flour 8x4 loaf pan.  In bowl combine ice cream, flour and mix-ins,  stir until combined.  Pour into pan, bake 40-45 minutes or until tester comes out clean.



Yes, that's the recipe. So easy and so yummy.  I had vanilla ice cream and of course some peaches, so Edy and I made peaches and cream bread, but any type of ice cream will work.  I have seen butter pecan and pistachio, both sound wonderful, but my mind is racing with all the possibilities

No comments:

Post a Comment