Monday, March 4, 2013

Veggie Crepes

Wow this month flew by!  I don't know how it happened, but it is already time for another Secret Recipe Club reveal.

Secret Recipe Club

This month I got to check out Kirsten's Kitchen.  Kirsten's blog is filled with a wonderful assortment of vegan recipes, you can find recipes for everything from breakfast to dinner!

I wanted to make the Vegan Sheefa she made for last month's SRC, they look absolutely delicious.  I don't know if I will make the vegan or meat version - either way I am guessing they are going to be delicious.  Since Kristen just made them for last month's reveal I decided to keep hunting around.  

After much hunting and pinning I finally settled on the veggie filled crepes.  It has been a long time since I made crepes and while we usually fill them with cheese or nutella I loved the idea of filling them with fresh crisp veggies.


Once I had decided on what to make I passed the actual work part on to Will and Mike.  The girls and I were out for the day, so the boys had dinner duty and they came up with a wonderfully tasty meal.

 They used regular milk instead of soy and added some leftover chicken to the filling selections.  Mike also made a wonderful Asian influenced dipping sauce, it was a wonderfully simple and tasty meal.


Crepes
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional oil for the pan

Combine all ingredients, whisk together until smooth.
Rub a small amount of oil on the bottom of  a crepe pan, or small saute pan.  Place over medium heat, let pan heat for about 3 minutes.  Add a small ladle of batter, rotate pan so entire bottom surface is covered with batter, should be almost see through.  Let cook for about 2-3 minutes then flip.  Repeat with remaining batter.

9 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for trying one of my recipes!! Looks good, and it is nice to have help in the kitchen. Thought I would mention that you spelt my name wrong...it always happens :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think to made savory crepes. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet or savory, we adore crepes, what a wonderful dinner and such wonderful cooks!

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC entry Loaded Potato Soup.

    Lisa~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great simple and healthy meal. And pretty quick to whip up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great recipe- yay for src :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crepes are so much fun to make. And you can fill them with anything. The boys did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has always wanted to try making crepes but I have always shot him down. I should make this something fun for us to do together and I'm sure they'll be delicious!

    ReplyDelete